Web Development with Angular and Bootstrap: Embrace responsive web design and build adaptive Angular web applications, 3rd Edition by Sridhar Rao Chivukula and Aki Iskandar. Combine the power of Angular, Bootstrap 4, FlexLayout, and Angular Material Design to build elegant user interfaces
Angular and Bootstrap have undergone a major overhaul to embrace emerging web technologies that help developers build cutting-edge web applications. This book is for you if you’re ready to enhance your web development skills beyond HTML and CSS.
It begins with the basics of Angular and Bootstrap 4, along with an introduction to ES and TypeScript. You’ll be able to refine your skills further with flex-layout’s Responsive API to specify different layouts and sizing for various screen sizes. By using Angular Material, you’ll discover how to make your web pages look professional. You’ll study how to format output using Angular’s pipes and use the built-in router to set up routes for all your components. With the help of Webpack, you’ll be able to easily wrap up your project and use SASS to make things pretty. Furthermore, you can validate the forms you’ve built and debug your application. This book will also guide you in transitioning from Bootstrap to Angular smoothly, hooking up with a server, and using Firebase as the persistence layer. You’ll not only develop the right skills, but also gain insights into the potential stumbling blocks and tips for how to avoid them.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a stunning e-commerce application running, along with the confidence to build your own applications.
What you will learn
- Develop Angular single-page applications using an ecosystem of helper tools
- Get familiar with Bootstrap’s new grid and helper classes
- Embrace TypeScript and ECMAScript to write more maintainable code
- Implement custom directives for Bootstrap 4 with the ng2-bootstrap library
- Understand the component-oriented structure of Angular and its router
- Use the built-in HTTP library to work with API endpoints
- Manage your app’s data and state with observables and streams
- Combine Angular and Bootstrap 4 with Firebase to develop a solid example
- Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- ECMAScript and TypeScript Crash Course
- Bootstrap – Grid Layout and Components
- Flex-layout- Angular’s Responsive Layout Engine
- Building Angular Components
- Templates, Directives & Pipes
- Working with NG Bootstrap
- Working with Angular Material
- Working with Forms
- Dependency Injection & Services
- Integrating Backend Data Services
- Unit Testing
- Advanced Angular Topics
- Deploying Angular Applications
About the Author
Sridhar Rao Chivukula is a technical lead at Mindtree Ltd and is based out of New York City. He brings with him more than a decade of rich hands-on experience in all aspects of frontend engineering. He has worked with leading companies such as Oracle, Tech Mahindra, and Cognizant Technology Solutions. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. He is the author of the books Expert Angular and PHP and Web 2.0 Application Interfaces, published by Packt.
Aki Iskandar is an entrepreneur and software architect with over two decades of programming experience. He has worked as a consultant for Microsoft, Compuware, Progressive Insurance, Allstate Insurance, KeyBank, Ernst & Young, and Charles Schwab, to name a few. His last full-time job, before leaving the corporate world in 2011, was at PNC , where he served as an enterprise architect on their Enterprise Architecture team. During that time, he served as a core member on PNC’s Architecture Review Board, which was responsible for creating reference architectures, reviewing the architectural diagrams for IT projects that were in the tens of millions of dollars in size, and establishing IT Governance for the corporation.
Paperback: 492 pages
Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 30, 2019)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #332,103 in Books
#1655 in Internet & Social Media
#1845 in Programming Languages (Books)