Do you want to build web pages but have no prior experience? This friendly guide is the perfect place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multicolumn pages that adapt for mobile devices.
Each chapter provides exercises to help you learn various techniques and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.
This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels. It is simple and clear enough for beginners, yet thorough enough to be a useful reference for experienced developers keeping their skills up to date.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Create and optimize web images so they’ll download as quickly as possible
- NEW! Use CSS Flexbox and Grid for sophisticated and flexible page layout
- NEW! Learn the ins and outs of Responsive Web Design to make web pages look great on all devices
- NEW! Become familiar with the command line, Git, and other tools in the modern web developer’s toolkit
- NEW! Get to know the super-powers of SVG graphics
About the Author
Jennifer Niederst Robbins was one of the first designers for the Web. As the designer of O’Reilly’s Global Network Navigator (GNN), the first commercial web site, she has been designing for the Web since 1993. She is the author of the bestselling “Web Design in a Nutshell” (O’Reilly), and has taught web design at the Massachusetts College of Art in Boston and Johnson and Wales University in Providence. She has spoken at major design and Internet events including SXSW Interactive, Seybold Seminars, the GRAFILL conference (Geilo, Norway), and one of the first W3C International Expos.
File Size: 140152 KB
Print Length: 810 pages Page Numbers
Source ISBN: 1491960205
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 5 edition (May 11, 2018)
Publication Date: June 13, 2018
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English ASIN: B07DQ5RZJV
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #82,733 Paid in Kindle Store
#4 in HTML Programming
#4 in XHTML Software Programming Computer